I-Ready is dumb,

I get a bunch of math questions, I use a calculator, get the answer, THEN I GET IT WRONG ON THE QUIZ, use 4 other calculators, get the same exact answer, but it's incorrect, I failed like 5 math lessons because the "correct" answer is wrong. Even worse, the curriculum doesn't listen, they still do I-Ready's, kids still get bad grades, and the diagnostics are garbage.

I was asked to change currencies, Linear Equations, and a bunch more stuff, THAT I WASN'T TAUGHT YET. I'm currently doing I-Ready's while writing this, 6 in 1 day, Math is boring, you don't get the correct answers on the quiz, just get sent to the next one if it's incorrect. Also, I'm on level "G" (7th Grade), BUT I GET ADDING MIXED NUMBERS, WHICH I LEARNT IN 5TH GRADE.

Also, why do you need a story in your Homework and/or classwork?

It just lengthens everything. I-Ready is a garbage program.

Product or Service Mentioned: Curriculum Associates I-ready Program.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Remove I-Ready.

I didn't like: Website curriculum, Time being wasted, Repetitive, Useless, Not scaling to your grade level.

Comments

I see what they were going for, sounds great on paper, but *** in execution. The animation is horrible, the lipsync isn't even good.

It's boring, and even my teacher said it was, but the school tells him he has to use it. When we did I-ready back in 6th grade, I would just go to scratch and do weird *** or just scribble all over the screen with the pen tool.